Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Julie Bernardin's Workshop


Employment expert - Julie Bernardin conducted a very good workshop this evening.

 The key goals of the workshop were:

1) How can I describe my credentials in a way that distinguishes me from others?

2) Presenting my value to a potential employer by connecting their needs to what I can provide.

The participants worked in groups/teams to get a feel of how to present themselves to an interviewer and got valuable feedback from their team mates .

Julie stressed that, although it is popularly believed that our resumes should reflect our history, they should not. Resumes can include some history but they are documents that should show what we can do for the employer.

One of her tips was that it would be a good idea to set a direction in your resume by giving a headline/title followed by a branding statement about you.  

No comments:

Post a Comment