Ginny Wholley(Business Consultant and Trainer at Bizminga), from the Center for Women and Enterprise(CWE), walked WIN participants through the process of starting a business. Her recommended start-up steps included the following:
1. Evaluate and develop your business idea
2. Choose a legal structure
3. Choose a name and branding strategy
4. Determine financing needs
5. Obtain an Employer Identification Number
6. Find a location (if possible)
7. File for licenses and permits
8. Get insurance
9. Set up tax reporting and accounting
10. Build teams
One has to make an honest appraisal of one’s skills, determine if the business idea is viable and make a business plan.
Throughout the presentation, valuable tips and excellent resources were shared. Our thanks to Ginny Wholley.
For further information about the CWE, visit their website: