Joe Ryan’s message was:
· Employees are now considered contractual, versus permanent.
· Develop your “change muscles” – try a new restaurant; find new ways home; jump into social media. Joe recommended the website, www.stumbleupon.com, for trying new things.
What to avoid: G.A.I.L
· Interpretations ~ Do you see the glass as half empty or half full?
· Limiting Beliefs ~ Beliefs that filter our experience and not anchored in reality. For example,” Anyone over 50 is too old to return to school.”
Joe recommended two books:
· "The Second Machine Age: Work, Progress and Prosperity in a time of Brilliant Technologies" by Erik Brynjolfsson and Andrew McAfee.
Posted by Sandra Billings, WIN participant